Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car

This car is what people did to their cars in the 80's and 90's because it was easier to use the abundant 2L/1750 Berlinas as donor parts cars for the mechanical parts.(car appears to be running solid ATE uprights which were only on the shallow arch cars, so since it's a deep arch car most likely upright and calipers from a 1750/2L).
Today in 2020 you can still relive the 1980/90s and these cars have their place in history. Like the owner said its not a show queen. As a drive as is car and enjoy it, I think the car has merit.

If you want a restored car to concourse standard it's going to need to be redone from scratch.
Remove the mechanicals, the paint and the tar.
repaint again and repair the 1600 motor and mechanical parts
with only 40 or so RHD GT Veloce 1600 listed on the Alfa 105 Register along with some others the owners are not listing you probably have less then 100 of these cars world wide.
So not every hybrid car will be able to get out of hybrid space and back to restored space which means that there would be less than 100 concourse restored RHD GT Veloce 1600 cars.
Since the GT Veloce 1600 cars are a complicated car to restore I estimate there are less than a few correctly restored RHD GT Veloce 1600 cars world wide.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks pretty cool ! Not sure about the cigarette advertising. I think I’d hit them up for sponsorship.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 1967 no advertising was allowed on Australian racing cars. The advertising seems it was adapted from the 1978 Bathurst winning Holden.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Steve,
I’m very involved in Historic racing here in NSW. It is just interesting to see a car painted like that in 2020. Especially, basically a road car.

Historic racing allows cigarette advertising on original cars that carried the livery in period.
You won’t see cigarette advertising anywhere else. Not even on their own cigarette packets!

I think it looks good with the gold wheels. But, my choice would be back to its original colour which looked like white.

Regards Daniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts