Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
You would have to ask why someone would even do that? What were they thinking.

Perhaps the young apprentice misunderstood the worksheet one week when the boss was away and got confused with Ford they also had in the shop for repair.

There may very well be a Ford with an Alfa Montreal front nose that will be for sale next week? :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
The link to the Brooklands car indicates that the car sold for 40,400 Euros. Not sure if that includes all the fees or not...
Estimate £42,000 - £48,000
Hammer Sold - £40,400

The red Montreal belongs to my good friend and Loong time Alfa Owner Tom S. The car is very nice inside and out; not totally stock but very nice. I believe Tom was one of the co-founders of the 2000/2600 Register as well as editor. Many, many years ago he also owned and operated N.O.S. (New Old Stock) Alfa Parts. More shots of the car http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-montreal/256529-three-montreals-atlanta-italian-car-day.html
Mark

·
Push hard and live
8,919 Posts
Clearly, there must be something that leads us to Montreal and 102 ownership. Weird.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why not!! When anybody have time and a lot of money. :surprise:

The seller say´s many parts in good condition???!!!. Many parts from the body are fine????!!!. Also the Dashboard!!. So buy it for only 3.000,00 €.

Best part is the one with the sticker "HÄHN" = "HAEHN" because in germany the alfa dealer Hähn was a guy with Alfa blood in his venes.

Last year he is going his last trip to the Alfa heaven. :crying2:

Kai

·
Registered
720 Posts
Alfa Romeo Montreal at Auctions America

The Alfa Montreal at the Ft. Lauderdale / Auctions America sale went for $72,600.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Alfa Montreal at the Ft. Lauderdale / Auctions America sale went for $72,600.
You haver been mis-informed. I watched the auction. I suggest you call the auction company or wait for them to post the results. When the results are posted they will add the Buyers 10% premium to the hammer price to give the appearance that the cars sold for a higher amount. So the sales price will be listed as 66,000 but the actual hammer price was 60,000.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You haver been mis-informed. I watched the auction. I suggest you call the auction company or wait for them to post the results. When the results are posted they will add the Buyers 10% premium to the hammer price to give the appearance that the cars sold for a higher amount. So the sales price will be listed as 66,000 but the actual hammer price was 60,000.
Yup. This is right. Price now posted on their site is price to the seller. So $66k includes the 10% buyer premium.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL15&ID=r0314&Order=alphabetical&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=

Fwiw, somewhat disappointing hammer price for this car. Didn't look that bad from pics. Weird console and non-OEM wheels, plus back seat looked carpeted. But difficult for me to tell without seeing it first hand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another one, and expensive

I came across this one: Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo Montreal, 1 owner, 1974 als Sportwagen/Coupé in Hoves
Must amusing thing in the ad is this statement:
"I HAVE BOUGHT THE COMPLET SET WITH ALL ENGINE GASKET FOR THE CAR, IT'S INCLUDES IN THE SALES.

THE ENGINE IS NOT BROKEN! JUST BLOCKED ( NOT TURNING BY HAND OR WITH THE STARTER )."
And the price, someone is being ambitious...

Thing is that 9 years ago, when I was looking to buy a montreal, also I went to look at this one. It was located in the heart of Brussels and it had been parked for 6 years (the owner died (then) 6 years ago), and it was for sale.
Back then it looked like a car that was well maintained, until the owner died. Afterwards it was clearly neglected and never moved again.
At values at the time, this was a 6 or 8000€ car, even at that time it couldn't be started. I considered buying it, but the seller remained at a high price, so I walked away. (And bought a Montreal that ran,and that has provided lots of enjoyment :) )
I've attached the pictures that I still have, from 9 years ago.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
So the sales price will be listed as 66,000 but the actual hammer price was 60,000.
You were right about the sales price; Tom must have dropped his reserve (~70K). Someone still paid 66K for the car and I believe that they scored a great deal, especially in this market. There are several easily corrected 'modifications from stock' like the wheels (I saw a set of stock Turbina 6.5x14" wheels on eBay.it for $3K, call me if you need a set that bad:smile2:), console (available from Giorgio), rear parcel shelf and blue spark plug wires (I never did understand, why blue, unless that was the only color available with the MSDS system which I don't know if I'd change back to stock or not;). Tom told me at the last Italian Car Day that he ran the car on a dyno up to 8,500 RPM:surprise:
The serial number indicates that the car was one of the last few built so it should have the shorter rear parcel shelf (which Tom may still have) and possibly more room for longer legs.
Mark

41 - 60 of 426 Posts