Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi Steve

I don't think I can help you....I don't recognize "Alfetta" model....

Below is detail from fuse 3rd edition somewhat more fotos, though text same as 1st edition....

I remember the Sportiva model very well, in the early '70s a quiz held by the AROC of UK had this as a question, I had no idea of the model so lent over the quiz master, who happened to sit next to me, and read the answer. I still didn't win!

Richard
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Font Art Motor vehicle Publication Paper
Font Paper Publication Paper product Document
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Photograph

·
Registered
818 Posts
1954 based on the 1900 series, two coupes one red the other silver, and two open cars. the red coupe lived in Australia for many years it was swapped in a deal for a 1914 Alfa Romeo that had been found in Australia that the factory museum did not have . The red Sportiva was rolled at the Australian grand prix. It was repaired and a few years later was sold and went to Europe
The silver car is at the museum.
The deal was an exchange for any car the museum had two of.

Reactions: kengta

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi Steve

Apologies...of course there is an Alfetta based Sportiva....I did lead my post as probably not much help, in fact none.....

Not aware of this '80s model, but many in Oz....

Come on guys you must know lots about this model....

Richard

·
Registered
818 Posts
Alfetta Sportiva's came in two series. The first series was based on a 1982 model rectangular headlight with a stripe along it's length with Sportiva and a small Quadrifoglio on the front mudguard/ fender then around the boot where ALFA ROMEO is written in block letters. With a plaque on the dash with a build number out of 200 and Campagnolo multi spoke wheels. No changes were made to the performance of the car or to the suspension so it was basically a sticker pack. The 2nd series Sportiva II had twin round headlights a different sticker pack and a front spoiler.
I did see at a race track in Sydney a Sportiva turbo. I don't know if this was a factory turbo or not, it was a first series that was light metallic green with a gold stripes with sportiva turbo on the front fender/ mudguard. Alfetta's had around 130 HP through a 5 speed transaxle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Rectangle Font Pattern Logo Electric blue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts