Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of posts on here about window regulators but I have yet to find one that suggests the best way to remove one and not have to rewind the cable on the regulator.
I need to remove one but do not want to have to rewind it due to losing tension.
I there a good technique to do this and is the regulator accessible enough to put something on it to keep the cable coils tight on the regulator?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, no ideas on the best way to avoid the uncoiling cable when removing the regulator?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
The procedures I've seen appear to use a few zip ties around the regulator drum to hold the wires in place. Do a search, there's a few walkthroughs on the install.

As for myself I've got a set of the aftermarket regulators on the bench that I'm hoping to have time to install in the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The procedures I've seen appear to use a few zip ties around the regulator drum to hold the wires in place. Do a search, there's a few walkthroughs on the install.

As for myself I've got a set of the aftermarket regulators on the bench that I'm hoping to have time to install in the next few weeks.
Are yours the OKP ones?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
They’re the same ones but I got them from Centerline. With the discount CL had for orders over $500 and by the time I factored in exchange rate and shipping the OKP ones weren’t that much cheaper, honestly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts