Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys tell me what the correct seat design is for my 79 spider? Right now I have what seems to be vinyl with a sponge like insert for the seat and back. Are they from a later car? I also want to replace the floor mats, but am not sure what to order, color wise since I have found both tan and dark tan options (IAP calls them Tan and Sand). What would match the original alfa carpet color for the 79 (the original carpets in the car are in good condition)?
Thanks
Marco

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
'79 Seats

Here is a picture of my '79 seats. These were original to the car and I restored them to the condition as shown. They are leather, as are the door panels. This is a US spec car, which had leather as standard; Euro cars may be different. But I don't believe the "Alcantara" seats came in until later years. I also replaced the carpets, but haven't put in mats yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Peter- that's what I thought my seats should look like. The fuzzy insets look terrible and impossible to clean. Your seats look great. Can I ask where you got the leather seat covers.
Thanks
Marco

·
Registered
285 Posts
Seats

These aren't seat covers - that is the original leather, redone with Leatherique. These pictures are about 3 years old. The color has stood up well, but the crack repairs have not. They look good from a distance, but upclose, not great. Ok for a driver. There are other posts on replacing seat covers. If you look at an IAP catalog, you will see the type of seats you have installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts