Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Hoping someone can advise me how to get the quarter light glass out to replace the pivot that has rusted away.It looks
like it should pull out of the bezel but without excess force im struggling.Any tips?Many thanks Aide

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I have used this method with success. I wedge a awl or other pointed object at the very top of the frame. Apply a little upward pressure to raise the frame slightly. Lubricate the glass, frame and rubber gasket liberally. Grasp the glass and pull outwardly while using a up and down wiggling motion. It should slide out with a little effort. FYI, I have a few quarter windows in stock if things go south
Jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi yes you can buy a quarterlight repair kit from classic alfa for £10 plus taxes and delivery.il
let you know how easy or hard a job it is to fit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for that. I just ordered from them I wish I would of known. The shipping cost across the pond is sometimes more then the part. Anyhow good luck with the repair.
Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice Jon it worked a treat.Now to rebuild the quarterlight tomorrow.On a different note at the same time im trying to speed up the windows .Any advice?They go down steady/slow and return up even slower.Basic advice so far is clean and re grease cords/wires and connect a direct live to check its not the switch draining the power?Thoughts appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Glad it worked. The windows have always been slow. Whether it's the gearing or the power I'm not sure. There is a upgrade kit available now that dispenses with the cables. Not too spendy but the convenience might be worthwhile.
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
il look
into the upgrade cheers
I believe that is only to be found in US:
here
Window Assy Spider Right | Centerline International

but first check with direct power (door cards removed)
set windows to half open
with two long wires direct from the battery, apply 12V to one of the wires in the 2 wire connector block inside the door, and earth to the other. (rhs is green and green/black : lhs is yellow and yellow/black)
this will make window go up or down
swop power and earth to change direction.
If it is much faster, the switch, or wiring to the door is causing a voltage drop somewhere.
The switches I can tell you are very prone to wearing out.

Also check the runners, little wheels etc.
You have to put your hand up into the door to feel the 2 or 3 wheels that are hidden up there...make sure they turn easily.
diagram shows all the componants:
Power Window Motor.jpg

although not electric, this cutaway gives a good visual.
window.jpg

Do you need a proper coloured wiring diagram for your S4?
I can send you a pdf if you want to your conversations box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts