Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I pulled the Oil Pressure Sender to clean the contact and replace the wire that connects it. When I shake it it has a slight rattling sound or is that the oil inside the chamber making that noise? I read that some guys drilled a hole to release the pressure bu
t I'm not to sure where to drill. Oil gauge works some time and sometimes its very erratic. That part is made by Veglia 12 24V 111.C3 08,-KCM12L2. Not sure if this is the original or not but I think there no longer available. What would be a good replacement for this or drilling the holes will fix it?
Thanks In Advance for any recommendations.
Chuck

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,479 Posts
If it's rattling and erratic just replace it. The part is still available, Centerline or other suppliers all carry it.

·
Administrator
16,989 Posts
I agree - they all fail eventually. Replace it now - getting the old one out is usually the hardest part of the job.

FWIW, I bought one for our GTV6 from NAPA. They had to order it - took a week or so - but it has been working fine for a few years now.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
you say you removed it to clean the contact and replace the wire....why, because it was reading low or something?
first check the gauge, by grounding that wire...the gauge should slowly but surely climb to MAX, if the gauge is ok.

if you search the alfa Part number 60507261 you'll find them (centerline alfissimo, ebay etc

link here shows where to drill the hole
Testing old 60507261 oil pressure senders, etc...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My oil gauge was working sometimes and sometimes not at all. I'll drill that hole into the sender re-install everything and see if works. This part is not so readily available as you might think. I checked Napa,Ebay Amazon. Post#4 purchased one from AW Italian they have them but they want $180. Centerline has them for around $50 but reading thru a lot of these post there saying they don't last and are junk (China made ??) Thanks so much for that link showing where to drill that hole.
Stay Safe,
Chuck

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
180$ is robbery imo
Classic alfa list the sender for 'late injected spiders' for 44$
(if you look close at the illustration you can see it is made by FAE, a spanish company
I use an FAE crank sensor on my S4...decent parts if you ask me.

FAE14500 seems to be the correct one (with M10x1 thread and washer)...about 60 bucks your side of the pond if you look around on the web (for instance ebay # 114024862977)

you might find the new senders take a 17mm wrench rather than the original 14mm, but that is no big deal
sooner buy a wrench than throw 180 bucks on a piece of tin;)

alfissimo also list the sender, main photo is original type...BUT when you click on the other photos, you can tell its the FAE brand too.
If CA and alfissimo use FAE, then you can be almost sure the brand is decent.
Oil Pressure Sender -All Models

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
There is nothing in a good sender that rattles. Replace it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I seen that FAE brand after my last post reasonable cost. I'll go with that if this doesn't work. Thanks Again.
Chuck

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
My oil gauge was working sometimes and sometimes not at all. I'll drill that hole into the sender re-install everything and see if works. This part is not so readily available as you might think. I checked Napa,Ebay Amazon. Post#4 purchased one from AW Italian they have them but they want $180. Centerline has them for around $50 but reading thru a lot of these post there saying they don't last and are junk (China made ??) Thanks so much for that link showing where to drill that hole.
Stay Safe,
Chuck
AW Italian raised their price.

I paid $55 for this part from them last year.

I think the one from Centerline would be fine.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts