Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know from where in the UK I can get a replacement one-way check valve that sits next to the expansion tank in the boot/trunk (item 3 in the attached diagram)?

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm looking for the same METAL one way check valve.

FYI My trunk used to smell strongly like gas, and since cleaning the valve and switching around a few vacuum lines on my plenum, its certainly better, but still smells like gas.

I've soaked the metal 1 way valve in carb cleaner for days, blew through it with compressed air and its better but its feels way to tight. For example if I try to blow through it myself it makes my mouth hurt which, if I understand correctly, is more pressure than should be required.

I'm not sure if the plastic valves in Dom's link are intended to replace this metal check valve #3 or are a replacement for the air inlet valve #2 (this is the plastic one that sticks up in the air).

Thanks,

C

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,493 Posts
The valve in Dom's link should be a direct replacement for the metal valve. It works a little differently (it actually flows in both directions...long story there) but if you install it correctly it should work fine.

You want to install it white side toward the tank (I think).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Tom! That's great news, I'll give it a shot but might not be able to report back for a while as I'm in the midst of some driveshaft work.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
if you want to stick to original metal, you find them sometimes used on ebay, when people sell used vapour tanks (the valves and hoses are sometimes still connected)
for instance # 372010775377

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
884 Posts
I had the gas smell after fill ups and just attacked this yesterday. The metal in line valve was surely non functional, I soaked it in Simple Green for a few minutes, shook it around in the solution for a few more then blew it out with compressed air. The valve does seem tight but I will not know for sure until I fill up next time.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts