Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have a simple diagram showing wiring of the 2 Rad fans on an S4?

My wiring is a mess. The left one is disconnected and the right one is bypassing the rad temp switch. I need to route them back as original.

Any help is appreciated

Mario
Ottawa

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,618 Posts
So the stock fan relay has dual 87 outputs. If one of the fans always comes on when you turn on the key, this probably means that some braniac has replaced the fan relay with a standard Bosch relay (with 87 and 87A outputs).

In this case, one fan will run when the radiator switch is open, and the other one will run when it's closed. You can test this by jumpering the radiator switch: if the running fan stops and the other fan comes on, you've found your problem.

The fan relay is top row in the fusebox, second from the left. Should be a white relay with a fuse sticking out of it. If it's a normal Bosch relay you'll have the issue above. Check this first and report back.

·
Registered
812 Posts
BB member Papajam makes color coded wire diagrams for many model Alfas. I'm not sure if he has one for the Series 4 Spiders. Send him a PM and ask. Include your email address. If he has them he'll send them as .pdf files.
Jim (Papajam) is the Librarian for AROC-USA. All AROC members are entitled to free copies of manuals and other technical information. This information is technically for AROC members only but Jim often supplies it regardless out of the love of the the cars. Jim is an absolute gem to this community and receives zero monetary compensation for his efforts. If you are not a member, please join AROC-USA and support your fellow Alfisti.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts