Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just cleaned up the power side mirror motor assemblies and connections on my S3, as they were sluggish and straining under electric load since I purchased the car last summer. Now they move smoother and more easily, but the passenger side mirror will only move laterally, whether it is toggled side to side, or up and down. I can't say whether or not its always been like that, but just noticed it after working on it. The driver's mirror works as it should. I've tried swapping the wire connections on the passenger mirror motor, but only end up with a mirror that doesn't respond when toggled, so I put the wires back to their original position. The wire colors don't match what is written on the motor (the motor lists black, brown, white and blue connections, but my wires are yellow, light blue, dark blue and black). Both mirrors are connected with the same colored wire on the same motor connection, but only one functions properly. The toggle switch looks to be in good shape, with all wires and connections solid.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have the same problem with both of my mirrors. I was told the the wires that go through the door are weakened over the years. I have not done anything yet. Look forward to see what kind of response you get.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far you're the only response. As I understand the set up, there is both a motor and a solenoid, which I believe is above the motor. The solenoid switches the mirror drive mechanism from l-r to up and down, and vise versa. I suspect my solenoid is stuck in the l-r position. I've tried WD-40, tapping the outside casing to see if it would slide again, etc. I think I'll just have to live with it - don't really want to purchase a new motor assembly, as they're quite pricey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts