Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the final stage of restoration of my son 79 spider,and I can not find the rubber pugs tha cover 3 holes in the posterior part of the body, in the area close to the rear bumper. 2 are 4cm wide ,the one in the center is around 2, Also there is a plastic trim that attach to the body, to cover the gap between the body and the rear bumper. Any input will be appreciated . My 16y/0 son is ansious to drive his first car. I got the car who was in a garage for 10 years after been outside for 2. The engine was rebuild 2,000 miles before the owner stoped using it. many hours reading this webside and six months later we almost there.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Have you tried Alfa Parts Exchange (APE)? They are listed in the suppliers thread under the "Anything about Alfa Romeos" forum.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Well, if I were really anxious to drive the car, I wouldn't let a few rubber plugs stop me. As said above, a salvage yard is probably your only hope of getting something like that.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Rubber Plugs

I used to have a '79, and dont remember any rubber plugs on the rear of the body. Perhaps these were grommets for wires? I can't recall. Sorry.

The trim panel between the bumper and the body is a plastic piece that covers the pinch weld seam that runs along the back panel. It is available from the usual supply sources, Try IAP or Centerline. I know I have seen it in a catalog recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts