Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled this from my 1980 Spider and replaced with the newer style regulator. The motor works and the related hardware is in good shape. This one simply ate its cable housing which caused it to bind. If you can replace the cable housing (bike cable housing?) you can probably put it back into use.

$20 + shipping for everything in the picture

Please PM me if interested.

IMG_20200407_162746.jpg

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just pulled this from my 1980 Spider and replaced with the newer style regulator. The motor works and the related hardware is in good shape. This one simply ate its cable housing which caused it to bind. If you can replace the cable housing (bike cable housing?) you can probably put it back into use.

$20 + shipping for everything in the picture

View attachment 1620842 Please PM me if interested.
How do you like the new regulator? Was it easy to put in? Any pictures?

I don’t need one, but I always think about the new style if I have a problem.

Thank you

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your post. Yes, so far so good with the new regulator. I bought mine from Centerline and was disappointed as it was costly and the installation instructions that came with the unit were terrible. The instructions were not helpful and basically said "remove the old unit, replace with the new unit." But fortunately after looking at a few of the pictures from other Alfabb posts, it was straight forward. I had to drill new holes to mount the new motor unit as they were about 1 inch off from the holes that held the oem motor. Other than that, it's a really quick and easy install once you realize you're on your own and give up on the instruction sheet.

I don't have any pics but you can search them on the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts