1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
@sbadaro
I could guess but it would have been nice to have shop drawings. That said the bumper alignment on trial was perfect......I think the spacing was pretty good since brackets were fabricated ...now for the centerpiece heart ...

·
Registered
117 Posts
The euro Spiders had a bracket on the front valence to mount the bottom of the grill not sure how to mount the top. Bought a new front valence from Classic Alfa and this is the bracket that came on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
@1986velocealfa
Thanks!!!!! The heart does not have the tab, I can see from the photo the freeplay I was concerned not so much with centering but, y and (-)x axis.. (see what happens when your retired and have to much time on your hands) !!! >:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
The euro Spiders had a bracket on the front valence to mount the bottom of the grill not sure how to mount the top. Bought a new front valence from Classic Alfa and this is the bracket that came on it.
Thx for noting. Guess it must have been lost to past repairs long before my ownership.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Spider Restoration.... or am I to old for this nonsense..

Back at it think the center grill looks good, patching up the side marker lights .... (which by the way are for sale...(gratuitous plug)..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Spider Restoration.... or am I to old for this nonsense..

Profile of nose looks good to me, doing the floor pan and plug welding every 1.5 inches.....

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
The front end looks good.
I also updated my Spider to the Euro-style bumpers. Every once in awhile while walking to my car in a parking lot I am taken aback by how good those bumpers look instead of the N. American bumpers.
At this point, I left on the trim piece above the shield, I also retained the N. American license plate lights, as I don't have the capacity nor money to have the holes patched and painted. When the car needs paint I will go full European. BTW, I used chrome chair leg caps to cover the license plate light holes in the rear bumper. So far, nobody has noticed the difference except fellow Alfistis.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
The front end looks good.
I also updated my Spider to the Euro-style bumpers. Every once in awhile while walking to my car in a parking lot I am taken aback by how good those bumpers look instead of the N. American bumpers.
At this point, I left on the trim piece above the shield, I also retained the N. American license plate lights, as I don't have the capacity nor money to have the holes patched and painted. When the car needs paint I will go full European. BTW, I used chrome chair leg caps to cover the license plate light holes in the rear bumper. So far, nobody has noticed the difference except fellow Alfistis.
I hear you loud and clear ...I was able to secure the bumper and LP lighting and welling up a few more holes at this point was economies of scale...I am still struggling if I should even bother to put the side maker (EURO) lamps in ...it is so clean without them...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
88 Posts
"I am still struggling if I should even bother to put the side maker (EURO) lamps in ...it is so clean without them...what do you guys think?"
It is all a matter of personal preference. The question is, will you want the markers sometime in the future? If so, then take advantage of your economies of scale and mount the markers now. If not, leave them off.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Back at it again after the Holidays on the lift.....
rust200 (2).jpeg
finishing up the welding will Euro cover the headlamps and side marker lamps front only....

·
Registered
104 Posts
First of all, to HAVE A HAPY NEW YEAR, FULL OF HEALTH AND RESTORE MOMENTS !!!
Thank you for your SO USEFULL Pictures of your thread !
(I have an answer. What are these two black cables? I suppose, Sink for the water? )

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
What are these two black cables? I suppose, Sink for the water?
yes, those hoses allow water draining down from the convertible top (back and sides) to drain into the sills and slowly but surely rust them out...!

(and the reason to keep the sill/rocker drain slots clear)

121 - 140 of 154 Posts