Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Like this?
I own red cars, but when I saw this....Wow!
That's where we are headed, I believe that is a Honda Silver done by an ABB member. I have been leaning towards that...see posts # 18 and 20

Cheers!

Reactions: gprocket

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Define- Superleggera ... removing the U.S. spec bumpers, that ***** must weigh 70 pounds, anyway off, replacing rear valance welding up the grotesque side markers and license plate lamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So Far so good

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome work to date, keep it up! I recently bought a silver '73 that I'd like to go Euro spec. Already has carbs and interior to be re done with Euro console. I'll be watching this post enthusiastically!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Awesome work to date, keep it up! I recently bought a silver '73 that I'd like to go Euro spec. Already has carbs and interior to be re done with Euro console. I'll be watching this post enthusiastically!
Thank you,
I am going to keep the car Spica, knocking off the rear bumper increased the ride height by almost half an inch. BTW, I am not familiar with the Euro console, other than the gauge scales,etc,.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tom:

This is a Euro console, also available from Vick's.

I will replace my '79 center console with its chaotic multiplicity of vertical and horizontal switches and warning lights with this much cleaner version.

The only console-mounted idiot light that I will retain is the handbrake warning light, which will be a red "jewel" light like the four in the dash panel holding the three center dash gauges. I will probably mount it on a blank in the center rocker switch position, since I only need a vent. fan rocker switch and a hazard rocker switch (my wiper switch is on a steering column stalk).

Mario

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Tom:

This is a Euro console, also available from Vick's.

I will replace my '79 center console with its chaotic multiplicity of vertical and horizontal switches and warning lights with this much cleaner version.

The only console-mounted idiot light that I will retain is the handbrake warning light, which will be a red "jewel" light like the four in the dash panel holding the three center dash gauges. I will probably mount it on a blank in the center rocker switch position, since I only need a vent. fan rocker switch and a hazard rocker switch (my wiper switch is on a steering column stalk).

Mario
Thank you, Mario, never did a late model before, a timesaver for me, cutting down the USA bumper stop a little at a time, to fit the Euro valance....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Spider Restoration.... or am I to old for this nonsense..

The car was built asymmetrically Hard to believe that took 2 1/2 hours, two cut-off wheels, three Sawzall blades to trim out in order to fit the Euro Valance..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Back at it, plugging up those horrible back-marker lamps to sleek out the euro style... Overkill????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

More welds than an entire Ferrari GTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

trying to minimize filler....

Attachments

Reactions: gprocket

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
@gprocket trying to minimize filler.... Attaching the skin do I fill in the round dimple in the rear? fitting the euro bumpers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Welding is not a skill I possess, yet.
I did do the first step in learning to weld....I bought an Alfa.
Ha and remember this .....
Every twenty-minute job is one broken bolt away from becoming a three-day ordeal....

Tom

Reactions: alfaloco

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)

The spare wheel well is much better then I thought originally, to replace the entire panel is quite the job, I have a complete replacement, but that said, I am going to excise all the rusted areas template it and fit the panel in place.. but first the reskin on right rear solid underneath thankfully...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

As the sign over the entrance to the Joseph Lucas works read, “A good day’s work and home by dark”

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Trial fitting rear valence, plate lights being removed and wiring directed to bumper lamps..

Attachments

41 - 60 of 163 Posts