Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a red hardtop for my 1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and have not used it very much so its time to clear it out of the garage. Its in very good shape. I have a new rear window defogger switch I never installed, new plates that cover the attaching hooks, etc. Its hanging on a nice hoist with wench which is included in the deal. Its covered in dust from hanging for years. The paint looks a bit faded and could use a good cleaning/waxing but is otherwise intact, including the inside liner. I'm in no rush to sell but would like it out of my garage.

I'm asking $1k with all the goodies.

I'm in the bay area in Norther California. The top is available for viewing weekends and evenings

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Too much money for this forum, 90% of us would never use it. Try $200 and maybe, just maybe you may get a bite. It's like me with my MB SL, people try to sell hard tops for $1000 all the time but they are a dime a dozen. Sure, Alfa Spider tops are more rare but no one really uses one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too much money for this forum, 90% of us would never use it. Try $200 and maybe, just maybe you may get a bite. It's like me with my MB SL, people try to sell hard tops for $1000 all the time but they are a dime a dozen. Sure, Alfa Spider tops are more rare but no one really uses one.
Ok, thanks for your input

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Probably wrong time of the year to maximize sales price. California not a plus either. If you are not in a hurry it will sell. I sold and shipped one to Texas at a price more than you are asking. Wait until the fall. GPS selling
Cheers Jon

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
I agree with Jon. I know you can probably get close to 200.00 just for the side covers especially if there new and have all 4 pins on them. Also the last time I saw a switch for sale it was around 80.00.

The quad hardtops are rare. Were as the MB's all came with one. Only the quads came with it standard and only the 87 to 90 models. The 86 quads it was an option.

You will get the your price or close to it. I would suggest lowering it down wash it and take some good pictures and also take some good pictures with a flash of the headliner and a picture of the parts to show its a complete assembly with the parts to install it as it would have come from the factory.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I think you guys are missing the best part of this offer from this gentleman:

"Its hanging on a nice hoist with wench which is included in the deal."

Hard to go wrong for $1K, especially if she's low maintenance and likes Alfas! :wink2:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Seriously... I agree with Jim G.-- don't undersell a nice hardtop. It may take time but make some nice photos, post it and you'll find a home for it. I've always wanted one, but I'll admit I never put it at the top of my Spider's priorities.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a red hardtop for my 1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and have not used it very much so its time to clear it out of the garage. Its in very good shape. I have a new rear window defogger switch I never installed, new plates that cover the attaching hooks, etc. Its hanging on a nice hoist with wench which is included in the deal. Its covered in dust from hanging for years. The paint looks a bit faded and could use a good cleaning/waxing but is otherwise intact, including the inside liner. I'm in no rush to sell but would like it out of my garage.

I'm asking $1k with all the goodies.

I'm in the bay area in Norther California. The top is available for viewing weekends and evenings
Is the Hardtop still available

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I still have the top. Sorry buy I sort of lost track of this project with other priorities. I'm still interested in selling. Please feel free to give me a call if you'd like to arrange to see it or if you'd like me to send some pictures. I don't check this forum too often so best to reach me on my cell at 650-224-4031
Thanks
Hector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've received private messages asking about the top recently but cannot respond directly via this forum since I do not seem to have enough posts accumulated...Go figure. Strange rule. Reaching me on my cell is the best bet.

Since my original post last year, I've cleaned and waxed the top so its ready to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a buyer for the Quad hardtop. I dont have 10 posts and thus cant send you a message. Please mail me at: jamesbyler at gmail dot com
Thank you, James

1 - 20 of 23 Posts