Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group;

I have been attempting to buy a pair trim pieces that are the ends for the panel pinch seam cover at the rear of the spiders. This is where the trunk floor, rear trunk body and under valance are joined and spot welded together.
They look fairly simple in design, so I'm thinking of fabricating some. Could someone in our group post the dimensions of these two pieces, and what they are made of? They look like they may be aluminum, but may be chromed sheetmetal ? Thanks for any assistance.

Vern in Oregon

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
panel seam cover ends

George,

Thanks for the reply, I had already saved the pictures from the ebay listing.
Those didn't sell because the seller cancelled the sale with the bid at $90! That is the second set I have tried to buy. You may be right in your assumption of brass as the material, nice and soft for ease of forming and would not rust. I just need some dimensions...anybody got one?

Vern in Oregon

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
George,

Thanks for the reply, I had already saved the pictures from the ebay listing.
Those didn't sell because the seller cancelled the sale with the bid at $90! That is the second set I have tried to buy. You may be right in your assumption of brass as the material, nice and soft for ease of forming and would not rust. I just need some dimensions...anybody got one?

Vern in Oregon
Vern, I will measure mine a little later in the day, they are on the car.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Can anyone post a pic on where exactly in the rear these two trim pieces are located? I had no idea they even existed....

Dennis

·
Registered
715 Posts
These parts are actually a 101 part number and not originally found on 750 Spiders.
Who can say exactly when they were added?
But I did install a pair on my 750 spider for a finishing touch.

The set that I had are no longer available (I traded them for a part that I needed)
DaveB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts