Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
64 GIULIA SS, 71 GTV, 91, 92 SPIDER
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

would any of the veterans here on the BB be able to shed some light on the differences between a Quad and S4 Hardtop if any?

there is a possibility that i will be producing a complete set of rubber seals for restoration, providing there is enough interest in doing so by anybody.

any help is greatly appreciated!!

i picked up a quad hardtop recently, i assume as it was a repaint as the undercoat was silver. so i have sacrificed my seals for tooling for the betterment of alfa kind. im really up the creek on this one if it all falls through.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think 3 and 4 series hardtops are similar. I can verify seals part numbers by parts catalogues if you want.

My interest in seals depends on the pricing. I have Quad silver hardtop that I need to repaint in red.

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think 3 and 4 series hardtops are similar. I can verify seals part numbers by parts catalogues if you want.

My interest in seals depends on the pricing. I have Quad silver hardtop that I need to repaint in red.

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk
that would be great if you would do that Max, will keep you posted on costing etc. thank you!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
For Spider 4 series, vehicle number 014416 (September/October of 1991) Alfa Romeo has been used new seals. But I think they are interchangeable with the previous S3/S4 seals as all hardware and hardtop are the same. Also latest ePer version provides part numbers for modified seals. So old and new parts should be interchangeable.

S3 seals and S4 seals up to vehicle number 014416 have the same part numbers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For Spider 4 series, vehicle number 014416 (September/October of 1991) Alfa Romeo has been used new seals. But I think they are interchangeable with the previous S3/S4 seals as all hardware and hardtop are the same. Also latest ePer version provides part numbers for modified seals. So old and new parts should be interchangeable.

S3 seals and S4 seals up to vehicle number 014416 have the same part numbers
Thank you Max, this is helpful. simply needed some validation before taking the next step.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peter
whats going on pal? i tried those guys, they told me that they were sold out and will not be carrying the rubber seals and gaskets any time soon. they have the mounting hardware though, so thats a start.
delighted you enjoyed, thank you!!

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Reactions: not2old4toys

·
Registered
126 Posts
MOZZAFIATO,

I'd be interested, too.

I asked D-P the same question at a car show in Milan last year and they confirmed that they had none and no plans for replacing them.

Peter

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
MOZZAFIATO, count me for one set !

Thanks for your effort.

I have a top from a 1990 S3 if you need pictures or measurements.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I have been thinking of purchasing the hardtop if I ever see one for a good price in NJ.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hardtop

I have been thinking of purchasing the hardtop if I ever see one for a good price in NJ.

Thanks
A gentleman in the NYC area had two black hard tops for sale for $450. One was listed for an S4 and one for an earlier model. I can dig up his contact information if you are still interested.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A gentleman in the NYC area had two black hard tops for sale for $450. One was listed for an S4 and one for an earlier model. I can dig up his contact information if you are still interested.
Stefmiesterb i would be interested in one of those hardtops, im in NYC, if its not too much trouble to dig out the contact info. looking for some donor hardtops, am in the process of working on some tooling for the rubber gaskets for restoration.

thank you

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Lambert, I just sold a nice green hardtop to mozzafiat. Didn't think you would be in the market for one so I never contacted you. Peter.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Stefmiesterb i would be interested in one of those hardtops, im in NYC, if its not too much trouble to dig out the contact info. looking for some donor hardtops, am in the process of working on some tooling for the rubber gaskets for restoration.

thank you
He read my message but hasn't answered. I can bring my S4 hardtop to you if necessary.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We can meet half way to arrange a transfer, thank you for offering to bring it down. where in CT are you? more importantly do you have a price in mind for the top?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts