Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help!!

My Spider 91'' won't start.
I already replaced the in-tank fuel pump but the car still won't start, so I guess it might be a relay, how do I find out which one it is? as I can see there are 4 of them (see pics)
Thank you for your help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
My 91 Spider has that gizmo as well. I was told (by a fellow who might actually have a clue) that it is part of a diagnosis system. I just looked through my shop manual but I can never seem to find an answer in the darned thing. I'll bet Gubi knows.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
>:)Analyze This;

My glovebox owners manual calls out that mystery gizmo as a "Button For Self Diagnosis".........Good grief.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Read threads about “no start” issues first. There are ways for static electricity to do damage. You need to know them. Loads of info on “no start” threads about relays, crank case sensors, low voltage batteries, and ground wires, etc.

You will find yourself instructions to get some wire and attach it to your battery terminals. Pull each relay, starting with the red stripe, because it’s notorious for causing no start problems. Touch the 12v wire to the relay pins and listen for a click. If there is no click, the relay isn’t relaying. You should also test ohms with a meter if you have one. You will find proper values if you search “no start” threads. If you get no value or infinity, the relay is bad.

There are lots of “no start” threads that will have all the answers. Read them all. Ground wires. Crank case sensors. Relays. All culprits. Also a weak battery will not wake up you car’s brain. Test that also. I don’t recall the exact voltage requirement, but the no start threads will explain everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts