Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing assembly of a 76 Spider and have most of the two parts cars left over. 30 yrs ago owned two GTVs and would like to find a project for another. My question is: what interchanges with the Spider? Suspension, third member, et al. Please help. So much knowledge on this bb, I know many have done this.

·
Premium Member
22,361 Posts
Almost everything mechanical other than things related to the different wheelbase (fuel lines, driveshaft, e-brake cable). Engine, trans, diff, suspension, radiator, fuel system, brakes will all bolt on one or the other. Springs will be different rate, but will fit.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,361 Posts
Yes. Virtually everything mechanical, for the same year GTV and Spider, with the exceptions mentioned above. Dash, interior, body, trim, is obviously different, though light switches and components behind the dash are typically the same.
Andrew

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. After 30 yrs. away from Alfas I am anxious to find another GTV. Found a 69 series 1 in Hawaii while in the USAF and have missed it ever since. The year was 1971 and I traded a clapped out 67 SS Chevelle and $1600.00 and really didn't know what I'd found!! Four yrs. later traded the 69 for a 72 2 litre then to an alfetta gt. Love the expertise found on the BB and you guys have already proven to be an invaluable resource. I'll post pics of the current project soon. 76 spyder with webers, headers and many new pieces. 53,000 original miles. The smile has already arrived!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts