Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a series 2 spider (1978 spider veloce, usa edition), I am looking to replace the bumpers, does anyone know where I can get some (new or used)?

Also I would like to put bumpers on the car from an earlier year in series 2 (or European model), the car I have has the USA big rubber bumpers I like the look of the older style (the alfa grill with the heart shaped crest, having a little chrome). Will I able to fit this style bumper on the chassis?

Thanks and have a great holiday season.:)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bumpers

I replaced my '75 rubber bumpers with '71 stainless bumpers last year. The stainless bumpers are expensive, so I don't think it makes sense to do the retrofit if the car has any rust. Switching the rear rear bumper is fairly simple. For the front, I used a one-piece bumper support bracket from a '74 and some minor surgery to attach it to the '75 mounting points. You can stop by and check it out and get more details if you want to do something similar. I am on the CT shoreline. I have saved my good rubber bumpers which I can sell if you want to stay with the original style and preserve the crash protection qualities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts