Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would share some of the work I´m doing with my resently aquired Spider Kammtail. The car is originally an US car, imported to Sweden in the 90´s, so it had all the US specs with the oversized bumpers and so forth. It was from the beguinning a Spica injection model, but has since then been converted to dellorto 40`s.
When I got it the US bumpers was allready gone, but there it had stopped. Previous owner had simply built a home made glass fiber front, which had no bumpers, turn signals or grille and looked quite androgyous.
My goal is to get it back to euro spec looks and get it through the goverment bull sh*t to make it road leagal for swedish roads.

Mazda Miyata? :)
20190821_183151_resized.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of trial and error on the road to fitting it all together. Non of the mounting plates still existed or could be used due to the conversion and hade to be made/improvised.
20191109_180937_resized.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also had to get the bumpers and the grille in to shape. Bought them used and they had seen better days...
20191121_210507_resized.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a lot more fitting and scraped knuckles I´m quite happy with the result. It looks sort of original, even though I for now used the home made glass fibre front. Even got the blinkers and light to work. :)
Next on the agenda is the rear bumper, which also was sort of missing... more on that later.

20191126_212211.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next in line, I had to tackle the rear end, wich wasn´t complete either. All the mounts, US and Euro, was for some reason cut out.
20190818_203359_resized.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
And instead of an original rear bumper, I got a home made bastard hybrid, probably rebuilt from an old Alfetta bumper. With it came home made brackets, that allmost but not quite, fit the profile of the bumper.
20191201_180816.jpg

·
Registered
960 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts