Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

As writen under the post for my non-originale widebody GTV6, I will finally post some of my AR's... I have been looking at you guys fine cars for a long time, so it's about time, I bring something to the party!

So here we go... this is my Spider 1300 Junior from 1972.

It was a banded for many years, and I bought it without knowing, what I was getting in to!

Today 5 years later, the only original plate of metal on the car, is both the front wings :blushing:

Anyway, today the car stands out from an original 1300 Junior, as the sharp eye can see, and the colour is a one-off, that I had pictured in my head (I know it sounds insane), and it took the painter many tries before getting it just right ;-)

But I am SO HAPPY with result, and SO HAPPY know having a Spider, exactly as I dreamed of!

I will try, with a few photos, to take you trough the evolution ;-)

Pictures from the seller:

Here we go... 5 years restoration and pain starts here ;-)

If you are easy to tears skip this part!!!!

My lovely twins (Lotus&Lewis) are with me all the way ;-)

The result:

I hope you will welcome her nicely :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Beautifull car mate it takes some passion to do a resto with so much rust in a car. Congratulations I hope it doesn't take me 5 years :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congratulations! She looks beautiful and the color is great! So good to have another Alfa saved. Enjoy her.
Regards,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow what an amazing transformation. I can only imagine the hours of work that went into that. Your car looks beautiful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Spydaman, traga and kiwiokie,

First of all thanks for your warm welcome.

The car is build to match my dream of the perfect looking Spider, and I have therefore been a little nervous for the reaction in the Alfisti community... But all my worries was for nothing, course everybody has accepted it's non-originality in forms of paint, door handles, wheels etc. :)

Hopefully the only concern next year will be, what AROC/Classic-meetings to attend, as the car should finally be 100% finish ;-)

I leave you with a picture starring 3 out of my 5 classics, taken shortly before they entered the new garage for the first time! - The family Lancia Lybra SW 2,4 JTD can be seen looking away in envy in the back ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts