Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says - looking for boot floor panel for 105-115 Spider.
Replacement part or cut from a donor (no rust, obviously).
With or without spare wheel carrier.
To be shipped internationally.

PM with offers.

Thanks
Lev

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Available new: ST170 SPIDER 1970-93 BOOT FLOOR PANEL
Yes, I'm aware. Will order a bunch of metal from them. But boot floor is overpriced: more than 350$ for something that essentially is two large gaps with a little metal around.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,158 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, is this for a roundtail of a kammtail?

Your best bet is to suck up whatever a vendor is asking for the boot floor. A used piece is more than likely going to require a ton of work to make nice. Whatever is still attached to the boot floor when you receive the part will need to be cut away. The prep-work will cost you $$ It's false economy.
It's a Kammtail, sorry.
I'm aware that some prep work might be needed, probably mating 2 floors into one.

Is this what your looking for Rust free in my 1987 alfa spider I’m parting
If so
You can email [email protected]
Not quiet. I need the whole floor. Spare wheel well is reasonably priced compared to the the boot floor itself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suggest you give us a picture of what you want
Plus car year
We can help better with more info
JFYI
I need the boot floor - the panel that has cut outs for fuel tank and for spare wheel well. Mine is rotten full width at rear seam and left side of the tank frame. Photo below.
The car is early 2nd series, but except for Duetto all others had similar floors.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
The Classicalfa would be a reasonable buy considering shipping.
I am in the process of dismantaling a Spider and the work involved to get just the piece you need would extensive. Photo shows a cross section of the area you would need.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jon,
The half that you cut off is exactly the half I was looking for.
I'll be getting some floor panels and spare wheel well from Classic Alfa. Or Alfa Service. Haven't decided yet which one.
But the cost of a boot floor panel from which I need only 1/3 is too high: not only because of shipping much larger and heavier piece, but also because of taxes: 355$ from Classic Alfa will turn into 500$. And that's before higher shipping costs. I'll try to persuade fabricator to produce those missing 2 cm. Should be cheaper.

Lev

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Understanding your situation. If I had caught this sooner I would have saved that piece.
Good luck.
Jon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts