Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
He has a repair shop next to his home, used to work for a dealer, and has worked on Alfas for years. Very knowledgeable.

If you are looking for a mechanic to repair your car, he is the man. If you want advice, stick to the AlfaBB search engine, as most mechanics who know what to do are trying to make a living.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What about Dan Sommers at Veloce Motors? I've worked on a few alfas since I went to alfa school in N.J. in 1973. 503-274-0064. I only work on alfas.

Dan

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Another very good choice for Alfa repairs.

Sorry Dan, I didn't include you because I didn't know where Gervais was in relation to Portland.

(I still don't, but I'll look at a map as soon as I log off). :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roger Frike refered me to Veloce, but he also told me you moved down to Salem. I need this fixed ASAP before it's last temporary registration runs out and it has to be towed everywere.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Veloce Motors is located in Gervais, just south of Portland but north of Salem/Keiser. For the fast way there, head south on I-5 and exit at Brooks (look for the Pilot truck stop just west of the freeway). Turn right at the offramp, go past the Pilot gas station, and keep going until you cross the railroad tracks and stop at the stop sign. Turn right onto 219 / River Road and head north to Concomly Rd NE. Turn right on Comcomly Rd and go until you almost cross the railroad tracks again. Immediately before the RR crossing on the left is Dan's shop.

5291 Concomly Rd NE
Gervais, OR 97026
503-274-0064

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks George and mark.
For those of you who need work "now" for your daily drivers I am alway here for you. Although my main business is long term restoration work I have many daily drivers who on occasion need emergency work. I moved my shop to keep my prices down. When I moved two years ago I was able to lower my hourly rate and keep it there. I also pick up and deliver. Let me know if I can help.

Dan

Reactions: Tom45

·
Registered
30 Posts
Veloce Motors is open Tuesday to Saturday. Saturday is ok for me. We have over $18,000 in parts in stock from IAP and other sources. we have almost everything to make your car run today. Call tomorrow after 9:00 at 503-274-0064. Our e-mail is [email protected]

Dan

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Spider stock SPICA
35 Posts
Hi. I'm reviving this old thread to see if there is still someone in the Portland area who is familiar with SPICA and can advise or help bring a system back to life? I have a 74 Spider that has been sitting for about 8-10 years and I'd like to get it running again. Nothing was ever done to the fuel system when it was parked. I plan on draining all the fluids, changing all the filters, reconditioning the gas tank, changing all the fuel lines, etc. I'm not new to Alfa's though, but the people I know aren't around anymore. I've had this spider for 25 years and also had a GTV. Just looking to see it there are any new players in town.

Is there anything special I need to do to flush the SPICA pump? I will change the internal filter. I was thinking I should disconnect the injector lines and flush some fresh gas through them before I try to start it. The engine was running great when it was parked. My hope is that after sitting it will still fire up after everything is gone through.

I also know about Wes Ingram and the information available there. He also is up to a 9 month wait list for rebuilt pumps.

Thanks in advance. Any recommendations would be appreciated and helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
Nasko is the only shop in town that specializes in Alfa. All of your choices are good. If you have spark and fresh fuel it should start. Run? Drive belt should be addressed before using daily
Botta Moto on ainsworth….not used, but they will work on Alfas
cheers, Jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts