Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1974 Spider 2L. Looking to replace the black, small vacuum hoses (5 of them) that are on top of SPICA injection system. Not sure of small size but am looking for source to buy from account this might be the source of my air leak resulting in off throttle back firing. Have checked every other potential source of leaks. Wes keeps telling me "there is an air leak somewhere". Don't see them offered at our usual parts sources. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
918 Posts
Siliconehose.com has very nice vacuum hose by the foot for great prices. Measure what you need, pick your color and order. Easy peasy.

·
Push hard and live
9,652 Posts
I just spotted them for sale at eitherCenterline or OKP.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have a good original set.

However, your vacuum leak isn't from the hoses. Leaking could be from many other places, such as worn throttle shaft ends, butterfly plates, poor balance between front and rear throttle bodies, etc., etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a good original set.

However, your vacuum leak isn't from the hoses. Leaking could be from many other places, such as worn throttle shaft ends, butterfly plates, poor balance between front and rear throttle bodies, etc., etc.
Thanks for your ideas but I have been thru all of those things plenty of times to try and find the leak. I have tried everything from every Alfa expert on the planet and have had expert Alfa mechanics work on it also. We just have not been able to pin point it. Not nuclear science but non the less, a trying situation. Have not replaced original air hoses so doing that. I will find it tho come hell or high water! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
I've seen some leak at the gasket between the manifold and head.

·
Registered
1978 Spider
351 Posts
I think there is a trick using carb cleaner spray or similar...spray suspect areas while the engine is running...if the engine suddenly changes it's idle then you have found a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think there is a trick using carb cleaner spray or similar...spray suspect areas while the engine is running...if the engine suddenly changes it's idle then you have found a vacuum leak.
Absolutely. Been using that trick for 50 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts