Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good alfa mechanic in upstate ny? A neighbor of my dads just finished up a 2l rebuild and needs a hand getting it dialed in properly.

It's running pretty well. W dialed in the timing abd balanced the plenums(close anyway). There's no backfiring, but idle seems to always be too high or too low

Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bump.

Thinking of buying a 164, and am not interested in driving 5 hours to long island everytime something breaks that I cant fix. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is a place here in Rochester that may be able to help you. The lead Porsche mechanic at Holtz Porsche Audi is the son of the owner of the former Alfa dealership. He grew up with the cars and is factory trained. You'll have to google Holtz to get the number. They don't have Saturday hours so you will have to make an appointment for a week day. If you call ask for Scott, just to make sure he can do what you want. He still maintains some of the parts supply from the dealership, and may have the correct parts needed to perform your service. Most Alfa owners here take their cars there or has Scott come to them. He is that good.

Dick

·
Registered
620 Posts
You might also check out Dave Brumsted at Ithaca Volvo. He has raced alfas for years (has a TZ1) and he and a friend rebuilt my engine. 25K and many years later, compression is great and no complaints. He is also a member of the BB.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts