Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alfetta came without the thermostatic actuator. I tracked one down, but do not have the screws to bolt it to the injection pump of the nuts for bolting the other end to the engne side. Anyone have any, or know the size or where to get some? Thanks

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
ACE Hardware. Both the nuts for the manifold flange and the machine screws for fastening the lower part of the TA to the injection pump are 4mm thread size. The machine screws are 15mm long, total length including the head. I think there's only one thread pitch in that size. You probably won't find slot head screws (OEM) readily in that size, so you'll have to settle for phillips heads. The nuts use a 7mm socket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ACE Hardware. Both the nuts for the manifold flange and the machine screws for fastening the lower part of the TA to the injection pump are 4mm thread size. The machine screws are 15mm long, total length including the head. I think there's only one thread pitch in that size. You probably won't find slot head screws (OEM) readily in that size, so you'll have to settle for phillips heads. The nuts use a 7mm socket.
Thanks so much. I have a trip to the hardware store to make tonight!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
might get a couple of socket head screws, they are much easier to get in and out than slotted screws. I put them in motorcycle carbs and other things where there is not a lot of room to get screws in and out, they also hold torque better without rounding off the heads.
cliff

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
How many of each do you need? There's a very good chance I have them at home from a dismantled Spica system...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many of each do you need? There's a very good chance I have them at home from a dismantled Spica system...
I need the two machine screws for the injection pump and two nuts for the connection to the block. Not sure if washers are used or not. I am quite inexperienced with SPICA. I really appreciate all the enthusiastic advice and help from the BB.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I'll check tonight and get back to you...

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Well - I think I have two screws - they're 4 x 13mm in length, including the head, which differs from the post above stating they are 15mm long. I can only locate one nut for the block but I have 4 washers (1 for each connection). I you want, PM your mailing address to me and I'll throw them in the mail tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts