Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so finally I decided to buy my firs Alfa Romeo yeah very excited .

So the car looks very solid not rust at all but needs a lot of TLC. The engine start but the Spica sistem need a good tuneup which i understand is not that easy to do.
Maybe replace it for 2 40 Weber ?
Any suggestions will be very appreciated .

This is my very first Alfa Romeo 馃檪

First think i want to do is to make it drivable and enjoy it for a while then cosmetics part.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the car is in the Bay area, can you suggest me a good honest Alfa mechanic in the area?

Premium Member
Save the SPICA! They are not hard to setup, just follow the instructions. Ask @Roadtrip for his thorough papers on SPICA, buy the SPICA guide from Wes Ingram and Pat Bradden's Alfa Bible. Ask lots of questions on the BB.

If you are a gearhead at all you'll find this an interesting system...

So does the car run at all?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the car run I took her for a ride around the block and she can burn tires 馃檪
But you can easily hear it needs a tune up

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
The previous howner started to send it down he wanted to paint but then give up because tooany other projects ! Good for me 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Yes thank you my friend. Hopefully after this summer I should be able to do a thorough restoration Inside and out.
For the moment like you said I'm going to drive it as is which is a gorgeous pretty lady 馃檪

Registered
Agree on keeping the SPICA system. I had it set up correctly the first time and have been keeping it dialed in using Wes Ingram's guide + YouTube + Alfa BB resources. You can buy the fuel adjustment tool online https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/spica-mixture-adjustment-tool or make your own using a cheap socket from Harbor Freight and a Dremel grinding wheel/file. Just relocated to the Bay Area and anxious to drive Skyline soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts