Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am looking for a set of 4 horizontal injection horns for the 1972 SPICA pump Alfas. These would be the ones that Ingram Enterprises endorses as the only horns/ trumpets that work as well if not better (As per Wes Ingram's tests for airflow and performance) that the stock air box. Does anyone have any of these or know who manufactures them?

Thank you for your time.
Earle

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I bought mine from Kinsler several years ago after suggestion from Wes. He had the installation on his GTV with an open top air box that the hood closed over. I used his general design but changed slightly for my '76 Spider (Note, the bottom where the tubes project is a foam rubber sheet to allow for engine/tube movement)

I'm pretty sure this is the part but not cheap at $40.45 each.
I cut 2 slots at the end of each tube and bought heavy duty clamps from McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr $8.66each
Tight-Seal Bolt Clamp
for Firm Hose and Tube, 2-5/16" to 2-5/8" ID

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought mine from Kinsler several years ago after suggestion from Wes. He had the installation on his GTV with an open top air box that the hood closed over. I used his general design but changed slightly for my '76 Spider (Note, the bottom where the tubes project is a foam rubber sheet to allow for engine/tube movement)
View attachment 1623179

I'm pretty sure this is the part but not cheap at $40.45 each.
I cut 2 slots at the end of each tube and bought heavy duty clamps from McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr $8.66each
Tight-Seal Bolt Clamp
for Firm Hose and Tube, 2-5/16" to 2-5/8" ID
Conedriver,

Thank you for your response and the very helpful photograph. The foam wall would have been overlooked had you not pointed it. although knowing how much these engines move around under various throttle positions it is absolutely understandable. Thank you also for the link to Kinser.com.

E

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I see from your avator you have a GTV and I found the image Wes Ingram sent me for his airbox setup. This is for Lucas Slide throttle injection instead of SPICA horns, but shows what he did for a GTV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts