Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Lots of questions… that’s good.

Can you advance your ignition timing any? What distributor are you using?
What do you mean by idle adjustment? There isn’t really one, just squishing the oring to choke off idle air flow.
For setting the short rod I like the method where when everything is warmed up, in running condition, I put a gloved hand over and individual throttle inlet and see if the glove gets sucked against the opening. Repeat for each opening. There should be none, or extremely ever so slightly just a tiny bit.
Adjusting the css will do zero for running mixture.
Did you set the fcs with the 2500 rpm method?

Personally my biggest changes with idle performance on my spica car has been with ignition changes.

Does your car start better if you hold the throttle open a 1/4 of the way while cranking?

· Premium Member
2,513 Posts
With the 123 just set to the M mark and let idle fall where it may. I’m not familiar with the Bluetooth version, I have a switched version, run the D curve which I thick is 21* of advance so idle then is something like at 10* advanced. Those are some foggy memories.

Lots of Bluetooth curves/data points scattered through the bb

· Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Nice. If you have the plastic rod ends on the two throttle rods still, have a real close look at them. The can crack, the round part that snaps over the ball and also where the threads are. If it’s cracked where the threads are the ball end can slide on the threads and you loose your previous adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts