Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In trying to get my Berlina sorted Sunday, I noted a persistent drip of gas from the #4 injector pipe right onto the starter solenoid, and the pipe connections were tight and not leaking. Not a good situation. Only one of the three clamps for the pipe was installed. On removing the pipe, I found the pictured crack (left of center, sorry for the poor focus) just at the back side of the only clamp; it's about 2/3 of the way broken. The pipe was likely vibrating the whole distance from the pump to this clamp, the closest to the injector, and over time it cracked open.

Make sure all your clamps are in place (Alfa knew what they were doing) and the pipes are routed properly. This could have resulted in a nice Burning Man Tribute Berlina.

Andrew

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Clamps.

Dittos.
The clamps are necessary to cancel the effects of engine vibration. Although they are often missing on Spica cars, they are not difficult to make from aluminum stock......

·
Registered
936 Posts
wow . . . deja vu

been there done that :eek:

you could try APE. i'm sure they have zillions of them !

·
Premium Member
21,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once I broke the old pipe fully through, I was suprised to note that the tubing is double-walled. Sort of a tube within a tube.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Once I broke the old pipe fully through, I was suprised to note that the tubing is double-walled. Sort of a tube within a tube.

Andrew
Interesting....this is something I was not aware of. This might have been an idea to provide some failsafe design feature ...perhaps to cater for the case of a severe impact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts