Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, This site has been very helpful to me in the past and I hope you folks can guide me this time. I am looking for a manual on the Spica fuel injection pump. I do not need tuning info nor do I need the names of re-builders. What I need, if available is a detailed diagram of the inside of the pump. I purchased a spare pump that is in pieces and I need the directions or pictures of the internal pump and internal linkages. This is not a complicated pump but if the little levers and rods are not in the right place I am sure it can cause all kinds of issues. If anyone has such a manual for sale or knows where I can purchase one it would be very helpful. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
I have a new-unused Wes Ingram Spica manual given to me by Peg Neeley (Russ` widow). Needless to say I`ll never need it. It does NOT show how internals are "assembled". As well I have a factory manual for Spica 2 liter versions.
Both $40.00 includes shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a new-unused Wes Ingram Spica manual given to me by Peg Neeley (Russ` widow). Needless to say I`ll never need it. It does NOT show how internals are "assembled". As well I have a factory manual for Spica 2 liter versions.
Does the factory manual show internal assembly??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Download from Amazon Manual For ALFA SPICA Fuel Injection, Wes Ingram, eBook - Amazon.com (That's my car on the cover)

Or buy a print version from Wes Ingram Ingram Enterprises, Inc. || Price List
Thank you very much for the link, I purchased the book off Amazon. An excellent book but sadly does not show internal assembly, none the less a great purchase.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Check your PM (Personal Message.....err...conversation) I sent you...I have recently completed a full teardown/rebuild excercise on my 69 Spica Pump (now working on another spare 69 and a 71 pump).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have the documents from the Alfa Romeo submittals to the EPA. It has all the internal mechanisms drawn out. It also explains every mechanism and how it affects the fuel delivery. It may be the most comprehensive document that exists. I studied it carefully and marveled at how this mechanism works. It is truly amazing.

Problem is I've moved twice since. I will have to look for it. If you can be patient, when I find them I will pdf them.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Road Trip's stuff, archived here on the BB, may have it. He had a pump sectioned by Alfa, sent me a ton of pics of it.
Also, the AROC Spica Notes book has tons of good stuff, though I don't know that it's in print any longer.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I have the documents from the Alfa Romeo submittals to the EPA. It has all the internal mechanisms drawn out. It also explains every mechanism and how it affects the fuel delivery. It may be the most comprehensive document that exists. I studied it carefully and marveled at how this mechanism works. It is truly amazing.

Problem is I've moved twice since. I will have to look for it. If you can be patient, when I find them I will pdf them.
If and when you do find that document....I would be very interested in a copy of it....thank you in advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts