Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
When I got my Spider the TA was dead. I suspect most, if not all, of the adjustments I've had to make, from pump gap, to mixture to CSS and now bellcrank stops, were the result of someone trying to compensate (badly) for an inoperable TA.
This was very common in the past. Interestingly since SPICA was so critical to US emissions regulations the factory's policy was to try keep all of the technical information on it out of the hands of the end user hoping it would deter them from messing with any of the settings. It didn't. Nowadays all of that information is available so slowly but surely the out of whack ones are getting set right and that now includes yours.

Good job.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just wanted to close out on this and to thank everyone again for all the input.

The weather in Colorado cooperated this weekend so I got to take the Spider (top down!) for an extended drive and am thrilled to report that it has never run better. No flat spot, much more eager to rev, smoother throughout the rev range.

If you haven't borrowed the magic tool to properly set your bellcrank relay I highly recommend it!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts