Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I must be drinking too much eggnog but is there instructions on the forum on replacing the spica filter? I cannot seem to find it. I have the filter and gasket but I don't want to just do it without some expert input. Please guide me in the right direction or if someone can post a guide that would be great. Thanks in advance. Jeff

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Not much to it. Just remove the three small nuts holding the filter plate. Remove the old filter and wipe out the inside. Install the new filter/spring just like the old one came out. Install the gasket (I use a little RTV since the sealing surface is narrow. Let the RTV cure before starting the engine and pressurizing the system.

CAVEATS: Those small studs and nuts that hold the plate on the pump base are somewhat fragile. I would soak them in PB Blaster the night before I removed them. Be gentle and don't really reef on them or you might break a stud. Conversely, when installing, then just need to be snugged down, not really tight. If you do break a stud, you're going to have to remove the base from the engine and extract the broken stud, unless enough protrudes to get some vice grips on it.

If you would like some Spica Tech material, manuals, etc. send me a PM with an email address capable of receiving some large files.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts