Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I used an aftermarket oil separator and small K&N filters on it and the idle outlet. I did not seem to expenance any problems not having the vacuum effect on the crankcase, but you could add a tube to one of the stacks and hook that up up to the separator. I am not an expert in this system so it might be a good idea to get advice from someone that knows how to set this up.

IMG_6346.jpg

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I happened to notice CA sells similar ram pipes. Based on the fact that I have sent their children to college I anticipate they will be more helpful via email if I decide to go for this... lower price too.

I read an article by David Vizard comparing different types of velocity stacks, and his sump testing showed stacks with full radius mouths significantly out perform the more classic Weber style with that trumpet style opening. I would not run any motor without a good air filter (eg more than just mesh screens). This goes for both race and street.

Pegasus

·
Registered
393 Posts
I read an article by David Vizard comparing different types of velocity stacks, and his sump testing showed stacks with full radius mouths significantly out perform the more classic Weber style with that trumpet style opening. I would not run any motor without a good air filter (eg more than just mesh screens). This goes for both race and street.

Pegasus
I agree, that is why I went back to the Spica box. Wes told me that the Spica air box was well designed and made great power. I ran the stacks as a novelty once in a while for the sound and looks.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I agree, that is why I went back to the Spica box. Wes told me that the Spica air box was well designed and made great power. I ran the stacks as a novelty once in a while for the sound and looks.
I have a Shankle quadraflow with velocity stacks and big K&N filters. I’m 50/50 going to go back to the stock spica airbox with perhaps a small
mid to increase flow inthe front air feed tube.

The nice thing about the Shankle is it sounds more like DCOE’s with stacks and filters.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts