Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wes sold me the Stacks and I purchased the screens from Pierce Manifolds. I explored the cold intake idea, but reverted back to the Spica box. The drive by video is with the Spica box. The stacks were a little loud for my taste. IMG_5744.jpg

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks I will write Wes. I presume you sold them with the motor / car ?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hey all

My SPICA 2000 has the stock intake, cast manifolds, stock style IMSAF center and mid section and "stinger" style rear. From the cabin it sounds decent but not superlative. I wonder if anyone has comment on different setups and their sound? This is a PURE vanity question. I'm not chasing ponies here. I like cars that sound good. I realize the induction noise of carbs will never be there but started wondering if deleting the rear muffler on an otherwise stock system ("stinger") is actually making the system sound worse ?

I realize its all opinions but curious for yours.
spica itb's should sound better since there arent jets in the in the TB's to hamper the reflection sound wave in the induction system. just want to dispel another spica vs weber myth. :)

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wes told me the whole setup is available thru Pierce Manifold who I contacted for info. Its pure vanity, which I don't know why I feel the need to appologize for, but I can't lie, I'm pretty curious about this setup.

·
Registered
417 Posts
To get the desired exhaust note you might want to change the exhaust system. I went back to the Spica box and still had a good sound and kept good filtration and the correct set up for the crankcase ventilation system. Although the stacks did have a real bark.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Smithy,
your car might sound better if it was a little dirty. Just a little dust on the engine will do it !!
otherwise, **** that’s a sweet setup from front to back.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well Pierce manifolds was slightly less than helpful. "What I have is on my web piercemanifolds.com under filters " Smithy did you say Wes got you all kitted or might you have a receipt or email somewhere detailing the setup. For instance were the horns repurposed from a Weber XYZ...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
about 15 ears ago, wes brought me up to his storage are and showed me this hen's tooth, gorgeous gtam intake system for a Nord. This unspected one-off Autodelta commissioned casted in the uk guillotine ( in search of better quality,autodelta did many of their casting in the UK for the critical components that needed higher accuracy.) sounds like no other. He ran this unit at the national alfa event in his "red rider" gtv and set FTD in it.

Since then he has removed and mothballed it. I asked if he would ever have replicas made because i was more that interested. he said that alfaholics had contacted him to make molds but he dosent want it to leave his sights.

Anyone seen this or have pics to post? I have some grainy pics somewhere that i havent seen in ages.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
about 15 ears ago, wes brought me up to his storage are and showed me this hen's tooth, gorgeous gtam intake system for a Nord. This unspected one-off Autodelta commissioned casted in the uk guillotine ( in search of better quality,autodelta did many of their casting in the UK for the critical components that needed higher accuracy.) sounds like no other. He ran this unit at the national alfa event in his "red rider" gtv and set FTD in it.

Since then he has removed and mothballed it. I asked if he would ever have replicas made because i was more that interested. he said that alfaholics had contacted him to make molds but he dosent want it to leave his sights.

Anyone seen this or have pics to post? I have some grainy pics somewhere that i havent seen in ages.
Similar to this 1970 Autodelta GTAm?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Incidentally, noted something curious. I dont do a ton of hwy driving but did so this weekend. There were jersey barriers on and off. I noticed the exhaust sounded great under these conditions. Maybe its the blend of road noise, rpm, distance to a reflecting surface. But sounded stupendous.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you go for the stacks I will send you the rubber adaptors. $15.00 for shipping and I will throw in a Spica belt some blue ignition wires, and I will see if I have any other items in the 2L grab bag

IMG_6394.jpeg

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Very kind offer! Let me think thru the upcoming projects and if this total indulgence is in the cards.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I happened to notice CA sells similar ram pipes. Based on the fact that I have sent their children to college I anticipate they will be more helpful via email if I decide to go for this... lower price too.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Remind me Smithy where you sent the crankcase vapors ?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts