Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1978 Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider Veloce was running too rich since I bought it a couple of years ago. I studied how to tune the Spica fuel pump from usual sources (Pat Braden's Bible, Wes-Ingram manual, and other docs sourced from this forum). Finally, I decided to put hands on the pump. I realized that I needed a special tool to unlock the castle nut on the fuel cut-off solenoid (tool A.5.0177 or tool A.5.0174 -not sure what is the difference between both). I looked for it on internet but could not find where to buy it. Called Wes-Ingram but they run out of stock and were not able to confirm when they will have new ones available.
On ebay I found a tool from seller custommachinescomponents that looked quiet similar but would not fit because of differences on shape and size. I contacted John from custommachinescomponents and he kindly offered me to make the tool prototype for free if I send him a blueprint of the castle nut or tentative design with measures of the tool. After one week I had the special tool prototype at home, fitting perfectly on the Spica fuel cut-off solenoid and I was able to tune the pump to send the right mixture of fuel and air to the engine.
The tool is now offered on ebay on this link:
70-82 Alfa Romeo SPICA fuel de-cel tool spider GTV GTAM: eBay Motors (item 200504456731 end time Sep-02-10 12:11:30 PDT)

John told me that he can make other special tool prototypes at no cost for Alfa Romeo enthusiasts.

You can contact him at [email protected] or on his ebay shop:
johnscudashop items - Get great deals on mopar, Cadillac items on eBay Stores!

I have no commercial interest with John's business, this is just my way to recommend a job well done by informing forum members about this hard to find tool.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
If your FCS locknut is stuck on tight, just remove the housing it sits on and work it on the bench. Only 3 machines screws holds it on the pump body.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hoping to find a de-cel cut off tool

Hello,

I would like to purchase a solenoid cut off tool. **** things are hard to locate. Trying to get the Alfetta ready for the CA smog police.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts