Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
r-mm, I want to thank you for you hard and diligent work . My idle tower required a new O-ring and I used the 1/2 in outer/1/4 in inner spec you gave and got one at Menards. Works like a charm so far!

Rumi

·
Registered
678 Posts
FWIW, I found 12mm OD, 6mm ID O-rings in a parts drawer of metric O-rings at my local hardware store under the Hillman brand. They appear to be a perfect fit and cost $0.37 each. I bought four.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dont know if I ever posted this but i got the hi temp silicone rings from mcmaster i posted earlier and they fit a treat.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Spent some time tuning the GTV today, progressively leaning out the mixture. Prior to installing the O-ring I couldn't get anywhere near 9 turns in as the car would die at idle. Being able to control idle air has gotten me to 9.5 turns with an extremely nice idle. Turning the idle air tower screw absolutely modulates idle. I believe this mechanism has been maligned and should not be ignored by SPICA tuners.
Post the source and part number that you used. I'd like to try it as well, although my car has a good idle at 700 rpm and the system has been barely touched in 15 years.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Do you happen to have the dimensions for the Conical Washer 115.00.04.623.00 that was also part of the 1973 Service Bulletin. Need OD, ID and the angle of sloping side of cone

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks everyone for posting this info. Lack of Molikote grease explains twisted old O-rings...

Do you happen to have the dimensions for the Conical Washer 115.00.04.623.00 that was also part of the 1973 Service Bulletin. Need OD, ID and the angle of sloping side of cone
According to the service bulletin, it should be 7X5.5X1.5 mm. 1.5mm thick, as it looks like a 45-degree cut

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What part is being discussed does anyone have a photo or diagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
In post #4 the service bulletin step 5 requires installing of a conical washer into the orifice that had to be enlarged from 5.5 to 7mm (step 3). Take a closer look at the diagrams, it goes in before the O-ring

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to Alfas but thank goodness for the wealth of info available from forum members!! just completed Spica adjustment which incidentally was totally out of whack and today moved onto the idle adjust. I found that a BS201 o-ring works brilliantly and if I look down the tower opening I can see the orifice closing nice and evenly as I screw the barb in. Hope this helps.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts