Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Spica Air Intake Hose/Duct

17K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  slowcreek 
#1 ·
Alfa Romeo Part No. 105.51.08.​230.00. Anybody know a source for this biodegradable part?

#29 ·
Might as well poke holes in a half tennis ball and stick that on there if going that route as it'll flow about as well and doesn't cost nearly as much.[/QUOTE]

Funny, but so true.

I've always thought, cool air is better than hot, so why put any filter inside the engine compartment to "intake" the hot air of the compartment? No matter how many$'s are spent, it isn't going to cool the air, is it? correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the design of the plenum collecting the outside air was well thought by the design. just my opinion :closedeyes:

#30 ·
Might as well poke holes in a half tennis ball and stick that on there if going that route as it'll flow about as well and doesn't cost nearly as much.
Funny, but so true.

I've always thought, cool air is better than hot, so why put any filter inside the engine compartment to "intake" the hot air of the compartment? No matter how many$'s are spent, it isn't going to cool the air, is it? correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the design of the plenum collecting the outside air was well thought by the design. just my opinion :closedeyes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just did this on my Sport sedan. Rigged a hose to go from the Spica air cleaner inlet to behind the grill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.