Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Spica Air Intake Hose/Duct

17K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  slowcreek 
Parts book pages, FWIW. Also FWIW, my '71 1750 Spider has the type with the intake tube. I wonder if the covers are the same size and shape, so all you'd have to do is swap the front cover of the filter canister?

(Just saw after previewing the post that the two images look like they've been joined. I also see that the newer filter has the drains and OVS connection that aren't on the older one.)

Attachments

I don't have a diagram like that, but I bet a PM to Papajam might clear things up. My guess, and this is only a guess, would be that since the later canister shows the intake tube, the earlier would have shown it if there was one.

Even with the intake tube, my car seems to have a bit more zip at cooler temperatures as well.

I believe they're exactly the same, the only difference being the nameplate riveted on. I repainted a 2000 airbox and attached a 1750 nameplate in its place. I saw no difference between that and the original 1750 airbox, and the intake hose fit the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.