Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found or made a match for the Spica air filter paint. looks like a blue/green/gray shade. ?? my color skills are poor. I am restoring my 69 filter and have sent the hardware to the platers.In the meantime I would like to beadblast and paint the canister.Any help would from someone would be appreciated.thanks.

Also, I need the decals.anyone have any luck on this as well?

Steve

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cant give you a definitive answer, but i know it has been talked about before several times,try spica grey paint in the search function should give you some results.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spica air canister paint

thanks! I just ordered a few cans from Tower Paint. They still have the paint code on file.
Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tower has the paint code. They call it spica grey .You can call them and ask.
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
Check out Bill77's excellent thread in the restoration section. Here is the can he painted with ACE hardware machinery gray:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/387842-post302.html

I used it as well and was really pleased with the results. I'm sure the Tower paint will be equally satisfying. Ask Bill where he got his decals...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no luck with the FISPA decals. I sent classic car biz an e-mail requesting if they have the decals but have had no reply.This was 2 weeks ago.
Bill's filter looks nice. The 1750 cars use different decals. There are 2 FISPA yellow decals on top of the box just above the plaque. One in Italian and one in English.

Steve

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Steve...this thread is timely...I've been working on my 69 SPICA air filter box lately and need to source (or make up) these same stickers. Now on my box this area was completely ruined and so I don't really have any idea as to what they should look like. Can somebody post a photo of what these decals are supposed to look like?

100_3628.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is a photo from my 1969 Spider.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Thanks, the labels on yours are definitely more legible than mine. But I'm still hoping that someone can post up a picture of these labels that are 100% legible. BTW I picked up some new support straps from Centreline (or was that IAP)...and they look like just like the originals save the rivets (which are 1/8" but could have be 5/32" instead to more closely match the originals).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was interesting to see that on my original straps the metal part was painted the same color as the filter.
Steve

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Yes I see that now and the new ones I received were cad plated (or plated in a gold iriadite) which in my opinion doesn't look correct. I'll check my original ones and if they're painted then I'll paint the new ones as well which I think I prefer.....(not crazy about the overuse of the CAD plating in the engine bay).

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
no luck with the FISPA decals. I sent classic car biz an e-mail requesting if they have the decals but have had no reply.This was 2 weeks ago.
Please be patient. Santiago is a good guy and provides a valuable service. If he doesn't have them, he'll make them!
Santiago made the FISPA decals pictured below for our 68 Euro 1750. It took a while to get them but I think the results are stunning.

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Sorry, no pics on file. However, I know of a 69 Spider that may have legible decals. I'll find out...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Steve,

Any chance I can get some real close up "closeups" of these? It may be possible to get a rubber stamp made. I've been planning on looking into that option.
From a good photo it shouldn't be much work to get a silk screen made, either. Though that small text is really fine... in either case it will need to be done well.

Karl

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The finished paint.

Waiting for the hardware from the plater and need to source the decals.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts