Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had reviewed past posts discussing how to match the original color of the air box canister ?. I have a 71 GTV that needed the canister re painted but it appears there is no noted paint code or a name to the grayish tone. Lots of members chimed in many choosing to final pick a similar gray. Fret no more!?. I have found the paint and it is as close as your local ACE hardware?. The paint is spray Rust-oleum Camouflage the color is “Deep Forest Green” #1919. I sprayed it out next to the original color on my air box and it is an exact match! The sheen is a bit too flat but I fixed that by top coating it with Satin clear coat . Don’t get fooled by what Rust-Oleum is calling Forest Green for it is much more gray than green , let’s call it gray with a hint of green. Take care club members during these very unsettling times; health be with you!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had reviewed past posts discussing how to match the original color of the air box canister ?. I have a 71 GTV that needed the canister re painted but it appears there is no noted paint code or a name to the grayish tone. Lots of members chimed in many choosing to final pick a similar gray. Fret no more!?. I have found the paint and it is as close as your local ACE hardware?. The paint is spray Rust-oleum Camouflage the color is “Deep Forest Green” #1919. I sprayed it out next to the original color on my air box and it is an exact match! The sheen is a bit too flat but I fixed that by top coating it with Satin clear coat . Don’t get fooled by what Rust-Oleum is calling Forest Green for it is much more gray than green , let’s call it gray with a hint of green. Take care club members during these very unsettling times; health be with you!
I’d very much appreciate you posting pictures of the finished project. The online “paint chips” don’t look gray at all.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts