Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cleaning up my Spica air box and there is a label on the top of the box that is in bad repair and nearly unreadable. Does anyone know where I could find a new one (reproduction) to replace it with.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I would like one to, it appears to be etched onto the aluminum.

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Someone tried reproducing these a few years back with some success. I believe it was John M. but not sure. Could have been Roadtrip....

·
Registered
165 Posts
I managed to restore mine by glass beading and using chrome trim tape and a lot of patience! I will try to post photos tomorrow; it can be done.
Warren

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Sounds to me that the OP is talking about the FISPA decal at the aft end of the box which tells the part number for the filter element while respondents seem to be talking about the metal SPICA plate that is riveted to the top of the box.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It's that Ferrari in his garage getting all of the attention now I'll bet. He sure provided some great decals, on ebay now the last I knew.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds to me that the OP is talking about the FISPA decal at the aft end of the box which tells the part number for the filter element while respondents seem to be talking about the metal SPICA plate that is riveted to the top of the box.

Beautiful engine bay.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's that Ferrari in his garage getting all of the attention now I'll bet. He sure provided some great decals, on ebay now the last I knew.
John did do some great work. Not on ebay and John did not respond to my last PMs. So - any other sources for this decal? I've searched everywhere -US and Europe - and have not found a source.

·
Registered
415 Posts
long shot

I met this fellow on a "Car Guy" tour to Italy some years ago. Very personable. His "hobby" is a company that reproduces (not cheap) decals. He's all about Ferrari, but if someone could duplicate what you need, or know someone that can, or know who might already have a supply, it'd probably be him.

I think he said he can do one-offs, given a suitable original, for much $$$, I'd imagine.

As an aside, he invited my wife and I for dinner at the restaurant (Dakota?) by the Ferrari factory in Maranello, where we met Peter Coltrin's widow. Coltrin was a notable car photographer in the 60's - 70's. You've seen his work in the car mags of the day. Was able to purchase a few interesting stills from her archives. While we were eating, M. Schumacher passed by - and we made sure to wish him well (as I hope we all are, right now..). We happened to have been there on a weekend when a Grand Prix was cancelled, so he was testing at Fiorano.

The following info is copied from a couple of Ferrari board postings (dated 2011) of suppliers. Not sure how current this info is, or even if his company is still active.

Good luck.

-------------------

[email protected]

*Kilimanjaro Designs, Ltd.
Parker Hall
940 Warrenton Rd.
Vicksburg, MS 39180
(601) 638-7856

"Has many of the hard-too-find stickers and small parts needed to finish a Ferrari restoration, and a good looking catalog!"

·
Registered
7,306 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
there is a decal firm called carclassic.biz advertised here
Car Classic Decals | Accessories & Automobilia | Classic car parts and services | Directory | Classic and Sports Car

if you go to their site, click on alfa romeo, and scroll down to their decal sets AR07, AR08 and AR09
These sets appear (from the poor website photo) to include a silver/red Fispa decal of sorts.....??

Might be worth an email to them to get a decent photo and if they have them individually.....
I sent them an email to see if they sell this separately. Thanks

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Gents, after reading this I am not clear if the fellow and the rest of yhou are talking about the aluminum Spica plate revited on top, the later model bright silver FISPA "decal" (shown above), or the earlier model (my 69) yellow silkscreen FISPA info, that was briefly reproduced by some fine fellow in a yellow waterslide decal that proceeded to fail shortly after being installed.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts