Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Say the word and I will have money sent right away. I believe they could sell at $50 a pop and I'd even consider pitching in for 5 of them if production volume is an issue. I'm almost certain I'd be able to sell off the others.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1750 plate--YES!

I'm in for a plate for a 1750 at $60. Sorry not to respond sooner--I just got the notice that there were newer posts to this thread. Not sure why I've not received the e-mail notifications before.

BTW, since I'm here, a quick update on the 1750 Spider I'm restoring. Many details to share for another day (I'll do a whole post one of these days) but for the time being, the car is apart and most of the systems and parts have been completely rebuilt--every nut and bolt. Trying to stay sorta original but upgrading in some respects (e.g. aluminum radiator, performance cams, some polishing here and there, etc.).

Here are some of the parts that have been redone and are ready to go in once paint is completed. Couldn't resist sharing some of the process.

Thanks for looking!

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi guys,

Got the correct stainless sheet sample in and it looks decent. I need to confirm the thickness with a few other plates. I'm not happy with the price from my vendor for etching and sheer cutting so i'm still looking at other vendors too, but i'll probably have a run of 10 made soon just to make sure its doable.

Stay tuned and thanks for speaking up about interest!

Sean

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm in for a plate for a 1750 at $60. Sorry not to respond sooner--I just got the notice that there were newer posts to this thread. Not sure why I've not received the e-mail notifications before.

BTW, since I'm here, a quick update on the 1750 Spider I'm restoring. Many details to share for another day (I'll do a whole post one of these days) but for the time being, the car is apart and most of the systems and parts have been completely rebuilt--every nut and bolt. Trying to stay sorta original but upgrading in some respects (e.g. aluminum radiator, performance cams, some polishing here and there, etc.).

Here are some of the parts that have been redone and are ready to go in once paint is completed. Couldn't resist sharing some of the process.

Thanks for looking!

Scott
Scott, looks like you also have a '69, that engine and those boosters look fantastic!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks. Yes, mine's a 1969 1750 roundtail spider. I started tearing the thing apart basically as soon as I got it b/c it really didn't run faithfully and wasn't safe; and I knew I wanted to rebuilt it anyhow.

Chuck Schwartz has been my inspiration (same year and model in green; recently sold at RM-Monterey for record $$) and Chuck has offered several tips and much encouragement.

Shown here is car as I received it--in red paint. Basically it looked pretty good overall but upon inspection we found some significant rust, old repair work from collisions (front and read apparently, including a poor clip replacement in front), etc. Plus issues with the power train, suspension etc. In other words, the bones were there but the years had taken their toll. It also had DellOrto carb and I wanted to go back to SPICA injection.

Other random shots below show the exhaust manifolds before and after Jet-coating; the SPICA FI from Wes Ingram ready to go in; front bumperettes before and after polish. Just a taste.

That 1750 plate would really help make the engine bay.....

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very cool, Scott, thanks for sharing the photos and your story.

I've found a willing vendor out of state, so we'll see where this lead goes!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm sending off some plates to the vendor this week for final measurements. I'm having 5 made to make sure they are as exact as possible. Next batch will be MUCH larger.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Can someone get a picture of the inside of their airbox, specifically the rivets? I plan on including 4 rivets when these are sold. I would like to get something as close to the original as possible.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Can someone get a picture of the inside of their airbox, specifically the rivets? I plan on including 4 rivets when these are sold. I would like to get something as close to the original as possible.
Anyone? :) I didn't take pics of mine before I drilled out my old rivets

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would think you'd want photos of the OUTSIDE, not the inside, to see what the rivets look like, no? Anyway, I can't help since the rivets are already out on mine--sorry. But look here for some idea of what others have posted:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/197412-1750-spica-airboxes.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-topics-not-covered-elsewhere/150982-what-year-spica-airbox.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/150543-spica-air-box-refinished.html

Good luck.

Scott

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I would think you'd want photos of the OUTSIDE, not the inside, to see what the rivets look like, no? Anyway, I can't help since the rivets are already out on mine--sorry. But look here for some idea of what others have posted:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/197412-1750-spica-airboxes.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-topics-not-covered-elsewhere/150982-what-year-spica-airbox.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/150543-spica-air-box-refinished.html

Good luck.

Scott
Thanks Scott. Reason for the odd request is that there are several different types of rivets and I wanted to get as close to factory as possible. I plan on including 4 rivets with each plate sold.

On a side note, 10 plates are being made as a sample run, 5 of each. Hopefully all goes well! I'll let you know when I get my hands on them, but it should be as soon as a week or two.

·
Registered
50 Posts
variations

You got me curious so i Googled rivets and learned that there are a bunch of different types. Interesting, I guess, but the standard domed head is probably what we're all gonna need.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I just approved the tooling today for production.

(provided that they come out decent)
: For this batch of 10, it looks like pricing will be ~$43.00 + shipping (~$5 USA) per plate. This will also include 4 rivets.

I'll sell the batch of 10 on here and then when I do the big order, I'll probably do an eBay store thing or something.

More details to come.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just thought of this: Are the plates the same dimensions for Spiders and GTVs? I would assume so but one never knows. Want me to measure?

21 - 40 of 108 Posts