Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone reproduce the 1750 or 2000 plates that are/appear to be riveted to the top of the airbox? It's nearly impossible to find one that is in excellent shape..

If no one has, perhaps we can get together if enough people are interested and get them reproduced.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I think this came up before a long time ago. I don't remember what happened. Price too high or not enough takers. I'd be interested if it goes through this time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
SPICA airbox plate topic--still alive?

Anyone still looking for a source for a replacement SPICA plate for an airbox? I need a 1750 one in good shape. Yellow stickers too.

No idea where to start looking apart from the usual sources for used stuff. But anything there is probably no better than the damaged part I already have.

Ideas welcome. Thx

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still interested but haven't really been looking very hard. What I'd like to know is how they were made in the first place.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a couple posts going on about this, so I figured I would update this one:

"The drawings for the 1750 are done, now waiting for the 2000 to be finished. It's extremely tedious, wish I knew if this is a specific font.

Does anyone know if the numbers on the bottom of the 2000 label had any variations?"

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: not sure if anyone is following this, but both drawings are done and look great, waiting on a quote from the company that will produce the signs.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got my first quote and wasn't impressed. Would people be willing to pay $50-60 for this? My guess is they would not and the lack of interest in this thread kind of confirms my suspicions. I'll keep looking though. There is a ton of work involved in this process, so we may have to just savor the plates we have.

-S

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am missing the plate (1750) completely so still interested.

Not the highest issue on my list, but would buy one if the price could be brought down some.

Marc

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am missing the plate (1750) completely so still interested.

Not the highest issue on my list, but would buy one if the price could be brought down some.

Marc

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
$25 - $35 range would interest me. I'm not super original, so if it came down to it, a metalized sticker reproduction would work for me. It would be nice to have the real thing, though.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$25 - $35 range would interest me. I'm not super original, so if it came down to it, a metalized sticker reproduction would work for me. It would be nice to have the real thing, though.
That's my price range goal, I think that would be fair and pretty much the range i'm aiming for. Centerline sells data plates for similar prices given the size, but it's a completely different process.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Waiting on metal sheet samples from the metal supplier. Looks like I might be able to pull this off...

On a side note, I am picking up my GTV from the exhaust shop on Friday, very excited about that!

-S

1 - 20 of 108 Posts