·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spettacolo Sportivo August 30th/31st

Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008

PRESS RELEASE

30 years club anniversary and a XL gathering

In 2008 it is 30 years ago that the SCARB was founded. For this reason the club steering committee is busy organizing a special edition of the annual club weekend meeting, the Spettacolo Sportivo, on Saturday August 30th and Sunday August 31st , to be held on the famous TT-circuit in Assen, The Netherlands. We expect a number of 8c Competiziones and an Alfa 179c Formula One racing car.

During this weekend we will see over 1.000 Alfa Romeo’s, from very old and unique models till the most recent ones. The weekend program contains races in different racing classes like the Alfa Romeo Challenge, driving style improvement classes, parts sales market and a concours d’élégance. Visitors will come not only from the Netherlands but also from far away, even from Spain, Norway and Lithuania. Visitors can drive with their own cars on the racetrack if they sign up prior to the event. There is also entertainment for the young Alfa enthusiasts.

From July onwards a special website Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008 can be visited which offers the possibility to sign up for participation for the different activities during the weekend. Also additional practical information on the event is presented on this website. Both the circuit and the paddock is open on both days for the public where you can take a close look on the preparations of the race teams, but also a number of different national and international booths with a wide selection of products can be visited. The products vary from car parts, miniature cars till Italian life style products.

Check out pics and vids from former editions at the spettacolo-site.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guinness record attempt at the Spettacolo Sportivo

This summer during a Track Day at the Kyalami Race Track in South Africa a new record has been set for the largest parade of Alfa Romeos. No less than 244 stylish Italian cars drove on the track at the same time.

Click

The Dutch Alfa Romeo Club SCARB thinks they can do better. During their annual club weekend, the Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo, on Sunday afternoon an attempt will be made to set a new record.

Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008 - 30 & 31 Augustus August 30th/31st , TT-circuit Assen, the Netherlands

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hello Hans!

I will be coming in from NY to attend. Anyone else??
I've been to this 3 times and it's better every year. Holland has some of the most beautiful Alfas (and women) in the world.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Record attempt Giulia Bertone cars !

Hi, this year our club Register Giulia Bertone (RGB) exist 25 years. There will be an attempt to get over a 100 Bertone cars together juring this event at Sunday 1.00 pm.
If your car is somewhere in Europe and you want to take part in this record attempt come to Assen. It would be nice if we have a mixture of Bertone cars from different countries.
Hopefully we'll see you at Assen Spettacolo Sportivo (Aug 31th)
Roger

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'd love to bring mine :{

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
thanks for the photos hans, incredible!

See you tomorrow

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thank you 1750GT

Wow! what a beautiful sight! you gents are so fortunate in EU to be able to call together this many Alfas....just fantastic!

Hello 1750GT,

Thank you for your kind remarks!
It was a fantastic weekend with a lot of Alfa's of all vintages
and some 'foreign' cars. here you see part of the paddock
with the '1978' display in front, the year our club (SCARB)
was established.

Ciao, Olaf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,979 Posts
great event, I wish I could have been there!! Congrats on breaking the record!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It was an awesome showing!! I was in a daze walking around the parking lot. Alfas as far as I could see!! All seemed to be perfect. I'll be posting photos as soon as I get home.
I encourage everyone to try to attend one of these events.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It was an awesome showing!! I was in a daze walking around the parking lot. Alfas as far as I could see!! All seemed to be perfect. I'll be posting photos as soon as I get home.
I encourage everyone to try to attend one of these events.
Yeah, you'r absolutely right mr. Frey. It was a record holding weekend!;)

Some pics from me:

105's facing 'Nord'

Going up to the 100+ Bertone record

GTC Originale from Germany

Goodbye Blue Sky...

Original Dutch Junior Zagato

MiTo 'on top'

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.