Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer and odometer are not working , what are my first steps to take are repairing them, I’m not a mechanic but very handy ? It’s a 1989 spider veloce 2.0

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The speedometer, odometer and trip meter are all fed by an electronic pulse generator mounted just forward of the firewall next to the clutch MC. The pulse generator is activated by a cable coming from, and mechanically driven by, a cable attached to the rear cover of the gearbox. If all three parts of the speedo (speedometer gauge, odometer, and trip meter) are inop, the first thing to check is the integrity of the cable that runs between the gearbox and the pulse generator. If that is intact (square at both ends and spinning one end makes the other end turn), then the problem could be the pulse generator or it's associated wiring/circuit, or in the gauge itself. But if one of the three aforementioned devices (speedo needle, odometer, or trip meter) still functions, the problem is not in the cable or the PG, but in the gauge.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
check fuses 7 and 8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts