Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 Quad, non-working speedo and odometer. (Yes, I have read the speedometer thread.)

My question is: what years around '88 used the same sending unit? I would guess that most S3 had the same unit, but that IS a guess!

Thanks!
-Phil

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,073 Posts
'86-'89 should all be the same. '91-'94 had the same unit but with a longer cable as they changed the mounting location. '90 was a transition year so Mongo dunno.

They're NLA new but APE should have plenty of used ones. Both Alfa Parts in Berkeley and IAP have new aftermarket ones that work, but they're not cheap.

·
Registered
520 Posts
the 90 (novante) has it like the 91. there is a speedo-reciever unit for sale cheap on ebay right now! check it.

sometimes the speedometer cable is mis-installed by some stupido-mechanico-americano-disgraciate and gets pinched or gets too close to the exhaust or manifold and drys out and stops working. give a good inspection from below the engine. its supposed to spin freely within that covering and cant get crimped.

hmm. hope that helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I saw that one on the 'bay, and that's what prompted the question. Also found another, but it is for a '90, and is $$ more. However, it might be worth paying more from a known quantity than from "some guy" on Ebay.

-Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts