Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '89 Spider Quad speedometer does not read the proper speed. It goes as low as 10ish MPH (Even when stopped and Off) but when driving the speedometer reads out at ~10MPH under actual travel speed?

Any suggestions on what/how to fix this?

Could it be the relay that the speedometer cable connects to before connecting to the Speedometer?

Thanks,
JKulla

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
When at rest the pointer rests on a VERY small black pin at about 10mph. It never goes all the way to zero. i.e. it is normal

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mine is the latest entry on that thread i just did mine about a week ago. I agree with Vin it is time consuming but read through the whole thread and you can do it. I will say again here it took minute changes in the potentiometer to affect changes in the spedo reading. I sprayed mine with contact cleaner first then moved the screw through its range of movent a bunch resprayed and then started adjusting. Just note where you were to start and on mine I turned the screw counterclockwise to get the speedo read faster. I'm now 2-3 mph +/-from 20 mph through 85 mph, Plus I did my tach and it reads perfect. Good luck and post any problems alog the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts