Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John M has a long thread giving great advice on adjusting a speedometer on a later model spider. Can anyone give similar advice on an 83? I've attached a couple of photos of the back of my 83's speedo. There are two screws on the back that look like they're meant for adjustments. I have no clue which one does what!

Last night I removed my dash to get at my heater blower motor. Not as hard to get it apart as I thought. Hopefully reassembly won't be a disaster either. I'll post photos of anything interesting I encounter.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those two screws have nothing to do with any adjustment. They hold the speedometer together after you remove the glass front. I would recommend leaving anything to do with your speedometer to professionals. I just had mine refurbished by Palo Alto and they did a superb job. Just my 2 cents. If your speedometer is currently working I would leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Speedo

This evidently is common. Some items to consider are tire size. I thought you were having a problem of the dancing speedo needle. There are quite a few threads I've seen that are devoted to your problem however. Enjoy, the feel of such high speed without a ticket!:p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The threads are great, but I think my speedo is different from the ones described. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to know how fast I'm going!

I remember the day I bought the car, right after I graduated from college, driving home on a beautiful warm summer night with the top down, wondering why everyone was flying by me so fast! As it turns out, I was probably going 50 miles per hour on the interstate. It sure felt a lot faster!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts